After working with many patients/clients who struggle with Decubitus, or wounds, in areas which are in dependent areas on their bodies - like where one sits. We have developed strategies which resolves wounds.
We utilize the following steps:
1. Keep area clean & free of urine, etc.
2. Use Lanolin based wipes to thoroughly cover skin with the sheep hair moisturizer.
3. Cut Duoderm to cover only the open areas & then Cover Duoderm with Paper Tape
4. Only change Duoderm when it is soiled or come off by itself.
5. Have patient take oral Collagen supplements and Multi Vitiamins & Minerals each day.
6. Have patient sit on a egg-crates or pillows if egg-crates are not immediately available but provide soft padding for bony areas.
7. For areas which are Stage 1 & beginning to move into Stage 2 we recommend a brand new product which Johns Hopkins Hospital is using regularly with good results. We used it with our first patient & his Stage 1 Wound was gone within 24 hrs.
It is called Phytoplex made by Medline. Here are it's images:
Stage 1: Skin is red with skin layers cracking or early, tears which maybe several.
Stage 2: Multiple layers of skin are torn and the top parts of subcutaneous tissueare involved.
Stage 3: All skin layers are torn away plus a large part of the subcutaneous tissue are damaged.
Stage 4: Pictures are very graphic & not suitable for website but maybe viewed on Internet. This level has deep level damage to subcutaneous tissue and tendons with bone possibly showing.
If and when you or your family member are ready to be discharged to home on important equipment such as a ventilator, we will work with the hospital using a process to ensure safety and well-being on our client. Please watch the video below as it is the process which we will also utilize for your loved one.
Information on the Immune System Health:
Your body has an Immune System which kills cancer cells & fights off bacteria and viruses everyday. Four key ingredients known to strength one's Immune System are, 2 vitamins & 2 minerals: Vitamin D3, Zinc, Magnesium & Vitamin C. These have been anecdotally known by healthcare providers to prevent viruses from taking hold and making someone clinically sick for generations. These vitamins and minerals are found in most over the counter cold remedies as manufacturers capitalize on these known benefactors of a strong immune system.
There are currently multiple studies occurring across the world, to discover exactly why they help our immune systems so much. Previously doctors knew, people who took these vitamins and minerals were rarely sick with the corona virus or other viruses. Unless someone eats fresh from the garden vegetables, fruits and farm to table livestock products, most people lack adequate amounts of these supports in their bodies. Therefore, supplements are helpful.
This is also why young people have stronger immune systems and these minerals & vitamins are in higher levels in one's body. This is also why young people are so much healthier, they have stronger and better functioning immune systems.
Below are two current NIH Studies about these Minerals & Vitamins reducing COVID, which can be found online.
Below is information available to the community to help address needs such as wounds and a video about fluid held in feet and ankles CHF: